Weight Watchers Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
These Skinny Double Chocolate Chip Muffins are chocolate lovers dream-perfectly moist, fluffy, and super chocolatey!
PREP TIME7 minutes COOK TIME15 minutes ADDITIONAL TIME3 minutes TOTAL TIME25 minutes
PersonalPoints: 2 personal points* for 1 muffin.
*This number shows the PersonalPoints™ range. The points will vary based on your individualized plan.
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour ( I use Gold Medal)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup baking sugar substitute or white granulated sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Monkfruit Baking Sweetener)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs or 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup skim or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 10 Tbsp no sugar added chocolate chips ( I use Lakanto sugarless chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Line 18 muffin cups with paper or foil liners. If you don’t have muffin liners-spray the muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar substitute, baking powder, and baking soda. Add 8 Tbsp no sugar added chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together unsweetened almond milk or skim milk.
- Whisk in eggs or egg whites, vanilla extract, and unsweetened applesauce. Whisk until well combined.
- Gradually combine the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until JUST combined. ( Do NOT over mix)
- Fill the muffin liners evenly ( using 1/4 measuring cup) with batter and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the center comes out clean when a toothpick is inserted into it.
Servings: Makes 18 regular muffins
GREEN: 2 SmartPoints for 1 muffin or 2 muffins for 5 SmartPoints using egg whites or 3 SmartPoints per serving if using whole eggs
BLUE: 2 SmartPoints for 1 muffin or 2 muffins for 5 SmartPoints
PURPLE: 2 SmartPoints for 1 muffin or 2 muffins for 5 SmartPoints
- The Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (sugar substitute) that is used in this recipe is zero points. Please keep in mind-the point value can vary depending on the brand of sugar substitute you choose to use.
- The Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener has a 1:1 ratio to real sugar. If you use a different sugar substitute you will want to use the equivalent to real sugar that is recommended on the back of the sugar substitute package.
- The overall point value per serving is the same regardless if you use unsweetened almond milk or skim milk.