keto banana bread recipe
keto banana bread recipe
This low carb keto banana bread is moist and easy to prepare, and it's great for breakfast or an afternoon snack. It's grain-free, gluten-free, and only has 4.4 grams of net carbs per slice. Low carb or not, this sugar-free banana bread is a hit with the entire family.
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED KETO BANANA BREAD RECIPE
Prep Time- 5 minutes
Cooking Time- 40 minutes
1. 1 1/2 cup almond flour (150 g) or ground almonds
2. 1/2 cup mashed banana (120g) 2 small or 1 big, ripe bananas
3. 3 big eggs
4. 2 tablespoons melted butter
5. erythritol granules, 1/4 cup / 50g (Nourished)
6. 2 tsp cinnamon powder
7. 1 teaspoon powdered baking soda
8. 30g / 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING KETO BANANA BREAD RECIPE
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (356 degrees Fahrenheit).
2. Combine the eggs, mashed banana, and melted butter in an electric mixer and beat until smooth.
1. Combine the dry ingredients – almond flour, erythritol or sweetener of choice, cinnamon,
and baking powder – in a separate cup. Blend until well mixed with the egg/banana/butter mixture in the mixing bowl.
2. Finally, add the crushed walnuts, reserving a few to scatter on top of the bread.
3. Fill a small (7 x 3.5 inch / 1 lb) loaf tin with dough and cover with parchment paper. Cover with the walnuts that are left over.
4. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. After 30 minutes, take a look at the cake. If the top is already brown, cover it loosely with aluminium foil to prevent it from burning.
5. Before slicing the banana bread, let it cool down.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
STORAGE: The bread must be kept in the refrigerator, fully sealed. It will hold for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
TO STORE IN THE FREEZER: Banana bread slices can be placed in the freezer. Keep the bread frozen for up to 6 months in zip lock containers.
REHEATING: Microwave for 30 seconds before eating to keep it warm.
The walnuts are a personal preference. You can substitute some other nuts for the nuts in this recipe, or even sugar-free chocolate chips.
A touch of nutmeg would also be a pleasant addition.
You can double the recipe if you just have a standard size 9 x 5 inch loaf tin. Increase the baking time to around 55-60 minutes in this situation.
Sift the almond flour to remove any clumps.
Don't worry if the banana bread won't rise much because it is filled mostly.
Serving: 1 Slice
Vitamin A: 563IU
NET CARBS: 2g
Leave a Comment