KETO NO BAKE CHOCOLATE ECLAIR CAKE
Chocolate Eclair Cake – Low Carb and Gluten-FreeA decadent low carb,
gluten-free cake with layers of meringue, pastry cream and sugar-free
Ingredients Pastry Cream
- 1 ¼ cups whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch*
- 2 tbsp butter cut into two pieces
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp stevia extract
- 3/4 cup fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 4 egg whites room temperature
- 2 tbsp granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- pinch salt
5 tbsp butter
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Bring whipping cream to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with sweetener and salt, then whisk in arrowroot starch* until mixture becomes pale yellow and thick, about 30 seconds.
- Slowly whisk about half of the hot cream into the yolks to temper, then return the yolk/cream mixture back to the saucepan and cook until thick and glossy, about 1½ minutes, whisking continuously. It thickens up suddenly and quickly, so watch carefully!
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter, vanilla and stevia. Transfer to a small bowl and press plastic wrap flush to the surface. Chill in refrigerator at least 3 hours.
- *If you don’t want to use arrowroot starch, you can whisk in 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum at the end to help thicken the pastry cream. This should be your last step before chilling.
Leave a Comment