Keto Chocolate Donuts
These moist Keto chocolate donuts will satisfy the most urgent chocolate craving. A delicious treat that’s sugar free, gluten free and low carb.
- 1 cup / 100g almond flour or ground almonds
- 40 g / 1.4 oz unsweetened chocolate melted (3 tbsp)
- 40 g / 1.4 oz butter, very soft 3 tbsp
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup / 55 g powdered sweetener (So Nourished)
- 4 tbsp heavy / double cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Glaze
Preheat your oven to 175 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit
In a bowl or a food processor, blend the very soft butter, cream and sweetener. Then add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well-combined. Last, add the melted unsweetened chocolate, cocoa powder, almond flour and baking powder. Blend until you have a smooth batter.
Spoon batter into a well-greased donut pan. I used a silicone mini donut pan. Make sure you do not overfill and lose that all-important hole!
Bake 13-15 minutes or until done.
Melt the chocolate in a water-bath (place a smaller bowl with the chocolate inside a larger bowl which you have filled with boiling water. The heat will gently melt the chocolate). Add stevia to achieve the desired sweetness. Wait until it has cooled down a little.
- Dip the cooled donuts into the chocolate (double-dip if you want a thicker glaze) and place in the fridge until the chocolate coating has set.
The nutrition is calculated per donut.
If you have a full size donut pan, you might end up with around 8 donuts. You’ll also need to increase the baking time by up to 5 minutes.
The kind of chocolate you use will impact on the amount of sweetener you need. See my thoughts about this in the post 🙂
NOTE: The glaze hardens fully. If you’re after a softer glaze, add 1 tbsp double/heavy cream.