LOW CARB STRAWBERRY PRETZEL-LESS DESSERT – LOW CARB VERSION OF A CLASSIC
This low carb strawberry pretzel-less dessert is the perfect party or picnic dish. Similar to the traditional salad but with out the pretzels and all the taste! Only 1.6g of net carbs per serving.
The first time I had strawberry pretzel salad was about 5 years ago. I thought it was delicious! It had a crunchy, buttery crust, a cheesecake-like middle and a strawberry jello top. Today I wanted to make a low carb strawberry pretzel-like dessert because … well because I could. And I’m calling it a dessert because it seems strange to me to call this a salad. Regardless, it tastes so much like the original, you won’t miss the pretzels nor the extra sugar.
- 2 0.3 oz boxes of sugar free strawberry gelatin
- 8 large strawberries sliced
- 8 oz of cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup of Swerve sweetener
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups raw pecans chopped
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the gelatin to a bowl and pour 2 cups of boiling water over top.
- Whisk until the gelatin is melted and then set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in microwave while adding pecans and 1/4 cup of Swerve to a food processor.
- Pulse until the nuts are sticky.
- Add nut mixture to melted butter and mix well. Place into a large baking dish (I used a 13 x 9) and press down to make the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool.
- In the meantime using a hand mixer, cream the rest of the Swerve and cream cheese. Add in the cream and whip until nice and creamy and fluffy.
- Pour and smooth the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust, making sure to make a solid layer so the gelatin won’t leak through.
- Mix the strawberries into the gelatin and then pour over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before eating.
Leave a Comment